Sunday 14 December 2014

"A Flower's Genitals" posted on 500px gallery

Yesterday, I took a few shots of petunias in the garden. With summer here in Melbourne, the flowers my wife planted are in full bloom, and petunias of all colours are ready for me to take their portrait.

This one is a macro of the centre of the flower, showing the genitals of the petunia. That's what you call a nude portrait in flower photography, I guess! 

It was shot in full sunlight, about 4pm, and I also added the fill-in flash, so this gives to the surrounding petals a high key effect that I didn't mind at all, giving emphasis to the centre, yet showing the purple lines in the petals.

Let me know what you think...

"A Flower's Genitals" - (c) Gilles Royer 2014


And here is the link to the photo on +500px gallery: https://500px.com/photo/92502149/a-flower's-genitals-by-gilles-royer

Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment